Life Pieces To Masterpieces uses artistic expression to develop character and leadership, unlock potential, and prepare African American boys and young men to transform their lives and communities.
Life Pieces To Masterpieces has a strong track record for transforming the lives of African American boys and young men ages 3-25 in DC’s most challenging neighborhoods. However, given our current organizational capacity and the great community need, we are currently reaching a small percentage of these young men who could benefit from our curriculum and philosophy.
LTPM will focus its resources and energy on expanding the number of African American boys and young men from Ward 7 and Ward 8 who are supported by Life Pieces To Masterpieces’ curriculum and has identified these major strategic priorities for 2013-2018:
- Expand the capacity of the basic after school program to 300 students, Saturday Academy to 100 college bound apprentices, and the summer school participants to serve 150 African American boys and young men from Wards 7 and 8.
- Sustain LPTM by codifying its human development curriculum and methodology and creating a training program for new and existing staff.
- Develop and invest in new sources of revenue, such as the Life Pieces To Masterpieces Corporate Art Program.
- Find a permanent home. Life Pieces To Masterpieces receives donated space from DC public schools, but it is important for our sustainability and future expansion to have a permanent space.
- Launch Education Architects -- high school graduates ages 18 to 25 who have been thoroughly trained in the LPTM methodology and will work in Ward 7 and 8 classrooms during the school day on character education and creative expression.